Overall winches are hugely advantageous.
Having a winch can help you out of a tricky situation. You may find yourself stuck and in need of a good pull to get you out. And if you like an extreme drive then a winch is what is helping you get up those steep inclines. Perhaps a friend needs some help and you have just the winch for it.
Plus they just look really awesome.
With the unpredictable nature of the off-road experience it important to you you can get yourself out a tight spot. Considering the strength and utility it offers, a winch is a piece of recovery gear that most off-roaders should include on their vehicles.
And to round it off a winch kit is best when wanting the most out of your winch.
A winch kit
A winch kit (not supplied with the winch) enables you to use the very expensive piece of equipment on the front of the vehicle, safely. It contains:
- A tree strap, so you don’t kill the tree you use as an anchor or damage the wire.
- A pulley block, to lessen the load you put on the winch or to increase its pulling power.
- A pair of heavy duty gloves for obvious reasons.
- Some shackles to safely connect all together.
- And, last but not least a “finger saver”, a small piece of bent rod that allows you to feed the wire onto the spool without getting your fingers pulled through the fairlead (rollers).